10GBASE SFP+ module, a 10GbE optics using the same physical form factor as a gigabit SFP, is a new protocol that will support the link lengths of a standard Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI)-grade multi-mode fiber (MMF). When using this type of technology with 2000 MHz km MMF (OM3), designers can achieve longer link lengths and transmit signals for much longer distances without interference or noise interrupting the signal. 10GBASE SFP+ modules are commonly used transceivers in the market. Before investing in 10GBASE SFP+ modules, there are some things you need to know.
The benefits and features of the 10GBASE SFP+ modules are numerous.
- 10GBASE SFP+ module is one of the best in the industry. It provides the functionality that is needed to help transmit signals fast without any noise. Some of these devices have extended operating temperature range in addition to supporting a wide range of link lengths. The most common length lengths are 220m, 300m, and 400m.
- 10GBASE SFP+ module features a small footprint, which is a premium in designs where it’s important to keep the overall design compact.
- 10GBASE SFP+ module also supports the 10GBASE Ethernet and OTU2/OTU2e.
- 10GBASE SFP+ modules are hot-swappable, which means that they have the ability to switch in and out of the device without powering it down. This is an incredible convenience. As long as the devices are compatible, the replacement or repair process is easy. This feature also provides flexibility of integrate the devices in the interface of choice.
- 10GBASE SFP+ module supports the digital optical monitoring capability, making monitoring and diagnostics much easier. When managers need to make decisions in real time, they can make them without significant effort because of the digital monitoring capability.
10GBASE SFP+ transceivers are multi-purpose optical modules for 10Gbit/s data transmission applications at 850nm, 1310nm and 1550nm. There are several kinds of SFP+ transceivers for 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 10GBASE-SR SFP+, 10GBASE-LR SFP+, 10GBASE-LRM SFP+, 10GBASE-ER SFP+, and 10GBASE-ZR SFP+. 10GBASE-SR SFP+ supports up to 300m link length with 2000 MHz/km MMF (OM3). 10GBASE-LR SFP+ supports up to 10km link length on standard single-mode fiber (SMF). 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ supports up to 220m link length with 50um or 62.5um multi-mode fiber links. 10GBASE-ER SFP+ has a standard reach of 30 km over single-mode fiber. And 10GBASE-ZR SFP+ are designed for 80km distances. There are various 10GBASE SFP+ transceivers branded by famous brands, like Cisco, HP, Juniper, Brocade, etc. For example, Cisco SFP-10G-SR-X 10GBASE-SR/SW SFP+ transceiver, and Finisar FTLX1471D3BTL 10GBASE-LR SFP+ transceiver, they are both with high quality. The following picture shows a Fortinet FG-TRAN-SFP+LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ transceiver.
10GBASE SFP+ modules offer customers a wide variety of high-density and low-power 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, enterprise wiring closet, and service provider transport applications. These devices are flexible and have a wide variety of options for the data centers, enterprise wiring closets, and service provider transport applications. Because they are so flexible, they are often used in the industry. The transceivers are ideally suited for datacom and storage area network (SAN/NAS) applications based on the IEEE 802.3ae and Fibre Channel standards.
To accommodate an ever increasing spectrum of 10 Gigabit Ethernet applications, Fiberstore offers various 10GBASE SFP+ transceiver types, suitable for different media and distance reaches. All of our SFP+ transceivers are tested in-house prior to shipping to ensure that they will arrive in perfect physical and working condition. We offer our customers with high-performance and cost-effective products to fulfill their requirements, contributing this way to the customer’s success and satisfaction.